At present what is commonly called responsive design (although adaptive or responsive would be more correct) It is practically an inescapable requirement when creating a web page. Sure you have heard this term numerous times, but do you know exactly what it refers to and what are its advantages? Every day the number of users who access the Internet grows not only through a computer, but also through a mobile phone or tablet. And the responsive or responsive design allows users to enjoy all the functionalities of the site from any type of device. But its advantages go beyond the user experience and also have an impact on the success of the page itself. We tell you why your website needs it.
Tabla de contenidos:
What is responsive design?
A responsive web It is one that is capable of adapting to any device. Today users access websites from different devices, whether they are desktops, laptops, iPads, tablets or smartphones, and on each of these devices the website must be displayed correctly.
Responsive design is responsible for precisely this, responding to the size of the devices from which the web content is viewed, adapting its dimensions and displaying the components in an optimized and orderly manner regardless of the type of support.
In recent years the number of devices we use to access the Internet has grown unstoppably. And this implies that the same website must be compatible with multiple devices, screen resolutions and browsers , in addition to taking into account the content, design and performance in each of them to offer an optimal browsing experience.
Advantages of responsive web design
In a world in which people are using mobile phones more and more, web pages must indisputably adapt to this reality. And consequently, bet on a responsive design It has become an essential requirement, especially if you take into account the large number of benefits it brings. These are some of the most important.
- Improves user experience: This type of design makes the web visit a much more complete, intuitive and easy experience for its users. Improving the usability of a web page is essential for a good user experience, and a responsive web design makes it possible.
- It favors SEO positioning: In 2015 Google updated its search algorithm and since then penalizes websites that do not have a responsive design. If a website is not responsive it will be increasingly difficult to position in the search engine and you will lose an important source of traffic.
- Reduce the bounce rate: The loading speed and the appearance of the content are two factors that directly affect the bounce rate of a web page. With a responsive design we prevent users from leaving our site to go to the competition.
- Increase conversion: a responsive website tends to be more profitable in terms of conversion and sales. It is proven that the user experience is directly related to the user becoming a customer.
- Avoid duplicate content: a non-responsive design forces you to create different websites for each device. Needing two versions of the same web page has a negative impact, since Google rejects the identical content.
- Improve loading speed: The responsive design guarantees that no matter what device you navigate with, you will get a much faster loading time, something that Google values very positively.
- Reduce costs: To create a responsive web design, you only need one template for all platforms, which reduces costs compared to the option of creating a version for smartphones and even another for tablets. It also reduces maintenance costs by simply modifying the main template to have an effect on the display from all devices.
- Improve brand loyalty: a web page capable of adapting its content to any device offers a professional image, which will be appreciated by the user as valuable content. This benefits the brand image and therefore has an impact on brand loyalty.
Key aspects to achieve a responsive design
To achieve a responsive design it is necessary to place and resize the elements of the web so that it offers the user an optimal visualization and experience. Some of the key aspects to consider are the following:
- Typography: the font size should vary depending on the size of the screen on which the website is displayed.
- Pictures and videos: A responsive website must contain images and videos that move and scale according to the proportions of the screen.
- Menus, buttons, CTA …: special attention must be paid to the difference between how the user accesses these buttons through the computer, through the mouse, and through the mobile phone or tablet, in which the screens are touch-sensitive and smaller.
- Media Queries: They are one of the most important functionalities to consider in a responsive web design. They allow developers to create flexible designs that adapt automatically without loss of quality, regardless of the device from which they are viewed.
Betting on a responsive website means important benefits for both the company and the user. Therefore, from Trazada, digital marketing agency specialized in attracting business on the Internet, we incorporate the good practices of responsive design in all our projects, and we work so that a web page is perfectly visualized on any device. Contact us if you want to get an optimized and useful website for users.